[NAFEX] bark damage

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Mon Dec 5 14:24:36 EST 2005

Chris, is right in my experince, the tree has to do the healing, although you should remove any loose twigs and hanging bark. I have the same problem with my apricot and peach trees but the best is to prevent it. I do not know what everybody uses but I use tree guards from Farm Wholesale they are white plastic with a ribbed back also they are quite inexpensive at 59-69 cents each. Contact: bruce at farmwholesale.com  if you are interested. They work and they make your orchard look good too.
Richard Ashton
7b/8a Central Texas