[NAFEX] Pomegranate

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Sun Dec 4 10:05:13 EST 2005

I have you down. Pomegranate cuttings are probably one of the easiest plants
too root. Where you are located in zone 8 you have two choices stick the
10-12" cuttings in a rooting hormone (12,000ppm) and stick in the ground
(cultivated) until only the top 3 inches is above ground. Second if you want
a more controled enviorment, use a sterilized rooting medium (you should be
able to buy such at a garden center or make your own with perlite, sand and
peat-sterlized and make sure you container is sterlized or new) put in a
semi-closed enviorment or put a plastic bag over all with light and bottom
heat (75-80 degrees) or in a heated room, keep moist but not wet wet. I
usually get a little better rooting percentages by putting in the ground but
people in any colder zones do not have that choice available. I will give
more detailed instructions when the cuttings are sent. Thanks for your
interest.
Richard Ashton
7b/8a Central Texas