[NAFEX] Manganese Toxicity

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Sun Dec 4 10:05:47 EST 2005

    Before I got my degree in Horticulture, I listened to what everyone else
had to say about what fertilizers to spread in the garden.  One of the
fertilizers I had heard about was Greensand in that it released potassium
slowly but no mention was made about the copious amount of manganese it
contained.  Today, some items don't grow as healthy as I might hope where
the greensand was spread.  Fortunately it wasn't spread over the entire
garden and orchard area so I've experimented to learn what thrives there.
Raspberries and strawberries thrive best.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm