[NAFEX] Pomegranate

John Emmett jlemmett at iinet.com
Sun Dec 4 02:51:30 EST 2005

Please put me on your list,  I would be delighted to participagte.
John Emmett

Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:05:24 -0600
From: "MARIE ASHTON" <bwoodtx at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pomegranate
To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex at lists.ibiblio.org>

The early fruiting pomegranates should give you a better yield, I am
sure
not enought summer heat and humid conditions are the problem. The early
fruiting Central Asian varieties should be the best bet. As cold
hardiness
is not the problem with your location, I would suggest a Sweet, Soft-
Seed
variety such as "Sumbar" or "Sverchranniy". If you want to test these
varieties let me know and I will put you on my list for cuttings in
february, all I ask is postage and a report back sometime in the
future. As
you have sent your address all that is needed is a affirmative
reponsive and
I will try to get the cuttings to you then.
Richard Ashton