[NAFEX] Pomegranate

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Sat Dec 3 21:05:24 EST 2005

The early fruiting pomegranates should give you a better yield, I am sure
not enought summer heat and humid conditions are the problem. The early
fruiting Central Asian varieties should be the best bet. As cold hardiness
is not the problem with your location, I would suggest a Sweet, Soft-Seed
variety such as "Sumbar" or "Sverchranniy". If you want to test these
varieties let me know and I will put you on my list for cuttings in
february, all I ask is postage and a report back sometime in the future. As
you have sent your address all that is needed is a affirmative reponsive and
I will try to get the cuttings to you then.
Richard Ashton