[NAFEX] Pomegranate

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Sat Dec 3 20:56:53 EST 2005

Yes, they can be kept as potted plants, but they will need all the summer
heat/sunshine that you can give them, there are people that fruit them this
way presently .
The pomegranate is considered self-fruitful. Variety selection is important
if you are going grow in pots, try to get a early variety. If you want
suggestions as to varieties let me know. There is a japanese dwarf variety
that fruits in pots (small edible fruit), but most japanese varieties will
not fruit (only produce flowers). There are several Central Asian
low-growing, early varieties that might be a better bet as the fruit is
larger and better flavored.
Richard Ashton