[NAFEX] Pomegranate

John Emmett jlemmett at iinet.com
Sat Dec 3 18:53:52 EST 2005

The discussion of pomegranates is very interesting to me.  I live in
the hills (700 ft elevation) above Vancouver, Washington (USDA zone
8-) and have been trying to grow 'Wonderful' for the last 9 years.
We have a southern exposure and a very sheltered location.  While the
plant seems  hardy, grows well and produces a moderate amount of
blossoms, we only get a 5-8 very small to mid-sized pomegranates.
The blossoming is very late as compared with our peaches and apples.
The Asian/Middle-eastern pomegranates under discussion may blossom
earlier or have a shorter growing, either of which might allow me to
grow them here successfully.  I would greatly appreciate any
information on obtaining some of these varieties to test here.
Thanks you.

John L. Emmett
22721 NE 123rd Circle
Brush Prairie, WA  98606