[NAFEX] Manganese poisoning test proposal

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Fri Dec 2 14:13:37 EST 2005

When I was in graduate school at the University of Maryland 25 years
ago, Dr. Shanks had a test planting of oriental persimmons at the
university's experimental station over on the eastern shore in Wye,
MD. There were very good crops of a number of varieties.

I spoke to Michael Newell at the station and he said that the trees
are still doing well. Soils are naturally acidic (about 5.5) but have
been limed. He said there's another experimental planting at the
university's western Maryland station, where temperatures are colder.
Those also are still alive.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com

Books by Lee Reich: