[NAFEX] Pomegranate

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Thu Dec 1 14:42:14 EST 2005

Variety and ripeness do matter with Pomegranates.  I've seen those huge ones
but haven't tried them yet.  We got a couple from our tree (the ones the
squirrels couldn't reach) and they were softly sweet and delicious.   Very
ornamental trees, they are, as well.

Stephen

  _____

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of John Barbowski
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:13 AM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pomegranate

I just returned from Phoenix where for the 1st time in about 20 years, I had
a pomegranate. It was the size of a large grapefruit and cost $3.99 US -
never paid more than $.70 Cdn. I have never seen them this big and I just
had to give it a try. I now know what the 'Nectar of the Gods' is like. Give
me more "trouble" - please! Wish I could grow them here in Cdn Zone 6B just
north of Toronto.

I later purchased a regular sized one, the size of a baseball, and it was
just ordinary.

jb