[NAFEX] maypop

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Thu Dec 1 06:31:51 EST 2005

I've grown maypop here in zone 4/5 for a number of years -- the roots
survive well, especially if given a little mulch. I think I got my
original stock from Tripple Brook Farm. I also devoted a chapter to
maypop in my book Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden. Here are the
sources I listed in the back of the book:

Edible Landscaping Nursery, Route 2, Box 77, Afton, VA 22920,
800-524-4156; www.eat-it.com

Hartmann’s Plant Company, Inc., 310 60th Street, Grand Junction, MI
49056, 269-253-4281; www.hartmannsplantcompany.com

Logee’s Greenhouses, 55 North Street, Danielson, CT 06239,
860-774-8038; www.logees.com

Niche Gardens, Route 1, Box 290, Chapel Hill, NC 27516, 919-967-0078;
www.nichegdn.com

Oikos Tree Crops, P.O. Box 19425, Kalamazoo, MI 49019-0425; 616-624-6233

One Green World, 28696 South Cramer Road, Molalla, OR 97038,
877-353-4028; www.onegreenworld.com

Tripple Brook Farm, 37 Middle Road, Southampton, MA 01703,
413-527-4626; www.tripplebrookfarm.com

Raintree Nursery, 391 Butts Road, Morton, WA 98356, 360-496-6400;
www.RaintreeNursery.com

Woodlanders, Inc., 1128 Colleton Avenue, Aiken, SC 29801, 803-648-7522

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden