[NAFEX] A roundup of weed control alternatives

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Apr 30 20:50:01 EDT 2005

Of the Burnout/vinegar type herbicides I've tried, it's a Catch-22.
Anything they will totally kill is usually so tender you can scuffle it
out with a hoe as fast as you can spray.  If it's too thick and deeply
rooted to hoe out easily (like clumps of bunch grass), the herbicides
will burn the top, but leave the crown intact to sprout back.  As for
perennial weeds, they just sit and laugh at you and hold their glasses
out for a refill.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.