[NAFEX]sharpening shears / secateurs

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:20:44 EDT 2005

Thanks.  I wish sharpening directions were printed on the handles of by-pass
pruners.  I can't count the number of friends, relatives, neighbors who have
shown me their loppers which "worked great for a year, but even tho I
sharpened them this spring they pried apart."  (For some reason they feel
compelled to sharpen/ruin their loppers, but leave their hand-pruners
alone.)

Like Del described, the inside faces of the 2 cutting parts of by-pass type
cutters have got to meet smooth & perfect.  If in doubt, please don't touch
them with any sharpening tool.  Only work on the other faces.