[NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Thu Apr 28 19:38:05 EDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:16:34 -0400, <list at ginda.us> wrote:

> Interesting pair of stories.  I have used herbicides sparingly to kill
> poison ivy,

Hi Ginda,

I had a cottage and poison ivy was a problem.  I could not use herbacide
as we used a well that was close to the source of poison ivy.

I just used chlorine bleach in a spray bottle on a calm day.  Killed it
dead in a couple of applications.

Safe for the well, dissipated quickly, localized spray, killed the poison
ivy.

Using a paint brush would give even better control.  I was not that
brave.  Sometimes if I think too hard about poison ivy I get the rash.
Thank goodness for lye soap.

Later,
Tom