[NAFEX] bagging fruit other than apples

Jim Cooper JCooper at lewiston.k12.id.us
Mon Apr 25 18:00:53 EDT 2005

Mark,
I have one tree that is flowering lightly this year too! But I believe
it is a result of over fruiting last year. It was really loaded and yes
I thinned and then thinned again, but is was a 5 year old M-9 golden
delicious, and we got 6 boxes of fruit! So I think this year it is just
taking a much needed rest, I guess it has 50+ blossoms but not like last
year.

All the rest of the apples I bagged are showing an increase in
blossoms, or at least equal #.

Jim
Idaho
zone 6

>>> markl at nytec.com 04/21/05 10:25 AM >>>
I bagged apples last year using Glad sandwich bags with a flap sealed
with a twist-tie.  I was very pleased with the result.  This year I am
noticing very few blossoms on the branches I bagged last year.  Has
anyone noticed this on their trees?  I wonder if I damaged the fruit
spurs at harvest time last year?  I am hoping that the bags didn't
somehow discourage fruit spurs from developing.
-Mark Lee, Seattle

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions.
used to change other email options):