[NAFEX] bagging fruit other than apples

Nathan Torgerson nathantorgerson at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 19:02:00 EDT 2005

I used the Baggies brand the last three years as well with good success on apples.  Just for kicks, I tried pears last year and the fruit ripened just fine under them (Luscious and Patten Pears) But nothing attacked my unbagged pears either, so I don't know if they helped anything...the bags just didn't hurt anything.
I also tried plums last year. This experiment was a disaster...every plum that was bagged split wide open (Toka and Superior Plums). I only tried about a dozen.

Nate
Zone 4a

Naomi <dragon-star at cableone.net> wrote:
I use the Baggies brand with twits ties from Wal-Mart. 200 little ones for
$1.59 last year and 100 gallon for $2.97 since the Gravenstiens outgrew
their baggie this year.
Naomi

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions.