[NAFEX] mulch (was gypsum)

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Tue Apr 19 15:30:57 EDT 2005

Hi,

This being spring, and spring clean-ups happenening everywhere...

Do not forget that used jute backed, carpet makes a great weed block.  You
can collect acres of it curbside this time of year.

Cut the carpet in 3' round circles or squares, put a slice in it to the
center point, and you have a mulch mat.

Put the jute side facing up and slide around tree.  Blocks weeds, rain
goes through it, it holds moisture in the ground, and can be removed
easily in the fall.  Best of all it is FREE.

I would not spend my money on expensive weed mats, when they are all
around us for free.  Invest in fruit, not mulch mats.  Recycle, reduce,
re-use.

Later,
Tom