[NAFEX] Cornus Mas

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 11:29:22 EDT 2005

Chestnut blight does not stay around because it lives on everything but
because it attcks only the above ground portions of chestnut trees.
When these trees reach 6-12" in diameter, they succumb to blight and
die back to their roots. The trees then resprout from the living roots
and start the cycle again, all the while keeping chestnut blight alive
and well. There are myriad chestnut trees of various ages, but none
more than about 12 inches in diameter, in the forests here in the
Hudson Valley.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com