[NAFEX] Cornus Mas (hardiness)

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Mon Apr 18 08:43:24 EDT 2005

Lotsa Cornus mas here.  Does extremely well, it's the first thing to
flower, the same time as the pussywillows.  These here have survived
several weeks of -20F & a few days of -30F over the years.  Tho the
bark exfoliates and the leaves get a spot of anthracnose, they put on
copious amounts of fruit which with we make my favorite jam.  While I
was in Romania, these fruits were a common site in the farmers markets,
fresh & processed.

~mIEKAL