[NAFEX] Cornus Mas (hardiness)

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 08:17:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/18/2005 6:52:33 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
loneroc at mwt.net writes:

> Any advice on the likely hardiness of either of the above two C. mas
> cultivars

There are 6 C. mas seedlings here in zone 5b, central Indiana. Lowest winter
temps about -10. Last two years -8.  Had them about 5 years, they seem to be
doing well, no major winter damage. We on the 1991 NAFEX / VIR exchange trip
saw them growing wild in the Krasnodar region of Russia, near the black sea.
That is I believe equivalent to zone 6-5. One Green World says hardy to zone 4.

Jerry