[NAFEX] gypsum / sheetrock

Jim Cooper JCooper at lewiston.k12.id.us
Sat Apr 16 15:53:48 EDT 2005

I have purchased gypsum in a bag that was just ground up sheet rock! It
worked fine. It did not linger, but disolved and soaked in right away.
The small bits of paper were not noticable. My guess is that they did
remove the majority of the paper and bagged the powder and small
chuncks. The last qypsum I bought was a mineral dark grey and
grandules.
Jim
Idaho zone 6
apples blooming and fruit set on the stone fruits.

>>> northernlights2n at yahoo.com 04/16/05 6:21 AM >>>
A fellow orchardist uses sheetrock (gypsum board ) to both add gypsum
and smother sod and
kill weeds around new trees. Since we are on heavy clay I reckon gypsum
is a good idea,
and I am sure I could access sheetrock cuttoffs by the truckload from
local contractors.
My only concern is what is in the product besides gypsum - as I may
start the process of
organic certification soon. Paper, glue and gypsum sounds pretty
innocuous, anybody know
if there is any objectionable stuff in sheetrock? Other commnentary?
Del

Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com   zone 3   N. MN

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions.