[NAFEX] gypsum / sheetrock

athagan at atlantic.net athagan at atlantic.net
Sat Apr 16 15:51:14 EDT 2005

I have rarely had a clay problem and when I did I amended it with
loads of organic matter so I'm not saying this from my own experience
but that of reading various forums.  Whether the gypsum would do
anything for you or not depends on the specific type of clay you have
and it's calcium content.  Some clays can be usefully amended with
gypsum while with others the gypsum wouldn't do anything useful for
you.  Further, if it's not in a finely divided state (i.e. ground up
or powdered) you'll be waiting a long long time for it to break down
enough to do much good.

.....Alan.