[NAFEX] gypsum / sheetrock

Del Stubbs northernlights2n at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 09:21:51 EDT 2005

A fellow orchardist uses sheetrock (gypsum board ) to both add gypsum and smother sod and
kill weeds around new trees. Since we are on heavy clay I reckon gypsum is a good idea,
and I am sure I could access sheetrock cuttoffs by the truckload from local contractors.
My only concern is what is in the product besides gypsum - as I may start the process of
organic certification soon. Paper, glue and gypsum sounds pretty innocuous, anybody know
if there is any objectionable stuff in sheetrock? Other commnentary? Del

Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com   zone 3   N. MN