[NAFEX] Amphibian Decline

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Fri Apr 15 21:48:07 EDT 2005

Another cause of increased disease in amphibians is travel.  Travel of
people, travel of plants, travel of clods of dirt, travel of insects,
and even travel of amphibians.  Just as Europeans brought new and
deadly diseases to the American Indians, some of the disease pressure
on amphibians is caused by old diseases in new places.  "New Scientist"
had a rather depressing article about this a year of two back.

Ginda