[NAFEX] Amphibian Decline

Joe Hecksel jhecksel at voyager.net
Fri Apr 15 13:04:27 EDT 2005

> The amphibians may be like the canary in the mine...just something we
can see succumbing to the toxins all around us.

Amphibian's skin is very permeable.  It is almost like our
intestines....except the frog/toad/tadpole has less control of what it
swims in than we have over what we put in our mouths.

Last summer we had many tadpoles in our burn pit.  I was surprised as I
thought the water would be pretty nasty.  Cu++, etc.

BTW, I saw a tree frog on the back deck yesterday.

--
Joe Hecksel
Personal Webpage http://my.voyager.net/~jhecksel