[NAFEX] Amphibian Decline

rob hamilton lostman_amiga at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 10:30:43 EDT 2005

Another thing to add in the mix maybe some kind of
pathogen.  Last week I went on a mushroom hunting
hike. The person who lead the hike of my group was a
Dr. David Porter of UGA. During the hike, we got to
talking his research. Apparently, he is studing a
fungus that has infected and killed a number of frogs.
This fungus attaches the skin of the frog and inhabits
the skins gas exchange which is part of how the frog
breaths.  I got the impression this was mostly warm
weather or tropical frogs,  but he did state that
problem was very wide spread. I may be able to reach
him if anyone wants the look at some of the research.

Robert