[NAFEX] Amphibian Decline/detergents

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Fri Apr 15 09:30:23 EDT 2005

In northern Minnesota, do the residents wash their clothes in only soap?   Or do they use detergents?   Do you know what is in detergents?  Amphibians are creatures mostly of wetlands, are they not?  Where do detergent run-offs generally go?  They don't run up to the tops of mountains, do they?

My sister in law wanted to know right away when she arrived, where is the detergent?  I explained 98% of our clothes are washed only in soap.  [look of shock]  But I can name the ingredients of soap and their ingredient's origins.  I challenge anyone to do that with detergent, which a scottish study blamed for the worldwide decrease in sperm counts, among other biological phenomenon.

I have never understood the willingness of people to abandon a proven-safe technology like soap in favor of a mystery-brew like detergents and not for the slightest good reason.
Charlie Paradise