[NAFEX] Orchard Bees Hardiness

Del Stubbs northernlights2n at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 09:09:11 EDT 2005

Last fall a generous Nafexer sent me a packet of Orchard Bees in their drinking straw
homes. I kept them overwinter in an enclosed shed. I would guess the bottom temp. in it
was minus 35 or so. I now have them out in the orchard (in a horzontal 5 gallon bucket,
with hardware cloth) and have not seen any of the little mud caps broken yet. It has been
an unusually warm april, often in the 60's. What is their bottom temp hardiness?  Other
ideas? Any chance they are still alive?
Del, N. MN Z 3 Juneberries ready to bloom and Trailman crab is green tip.

Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com   zone 3   N. MN