[NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects

bluestem_farm at juno.com bluestem_farm at juno.com
Thu Apr 14 08:56:53 EDT 2005

Tanis,
A number of widely used insecticides are estrogen mimics and cause all sorts of problems with vertebrates as well as the insects that they are supposed to be targeted to.  I think there are a lot more of them around even than the true hormones.
Muffy Barrett

-- "tanis cuff"  wrote:
Last thing I heard was a blaming of medical use of hormones-- human &
animal-- what the body doesn't use, &/or the metabolites (right word?) end
up in waterways.  Or hormones plus pesticides, being a powerful double-wammy
for amphibians.

Not counting the loss of quantity and quality of wetlands...