[NAFEX] Frost resistance

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Wed Apr 13 07:17:32 EDT 2005

Del,

I believe that the product you are referring to is Agro-K's KDL spray, a
foliar nutrient spray consisting of potassium carbonate (K2 0=24%) and
seaweed extract.  You can get more info at www.agro-k.com  Agro-K claims 5F
additional frost tolerance for a 24 hour period after a spray.  Although
Agro-K is a MN based company, I bought two gallons this spring for about $15
each from Berry Hill Irrigation.  They're out of Virginia, I seem to recall.
I received an internet order within three days of placement.

KDL is also supposed to decrease the rate of brown rot in stone fruits.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI---where a late frost last year wiped out nearly
everything except Honeycrisp and Sweet 16 (Keep those two in mind if you're
subject to late frosts.)