[NAFEX] "Roundup" effects

Heron Breen breen at fedcoseeds.com
Tue Apr 12 21:13:03 EDT 2005

Hi Friends,
The Organic Consumer Association's online paper recently ran a blurb about Roundup
being extremely lethal to amphibians. Apparently the tests were supposed to show
its effects on algae, but the results were obvious as scientists continued the
study. Atrazine has also been recently found to be deadly to amphibians. Tadpoles
are the most affected stage of development in both cases. I would be makeing a leap
of intelligence to suppose herbicides could be at least partly responsible for the
decline in amphibians we all have read so much about in the last few years...What
do you think?
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine