[NAFEX] Apple pollination/over-lap?

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:26:11 EDT 2005

s.WI 2-cents:

My notes for 2003 say my apple trees started opening flowers on May 5 (FYI,
this is the only year I have records for that the earliest apple opened when
the pear did!), and the latest apple started opening May 11.

2004: Apple flowers started opening April 29 (the only notes I have for
bloom in April); latest tree started opening May 9.

Earliest apple may have pollinated latest in '03, but not in '04?  Sorry-- I
never thought to keep track of how long the blossoms look fertile.