[NAFEX] Late Summer in Japan

mgb mgbetz at dslextreme.com
Sun Apr 10 14:59:49 EDT 2005

We are planning to visit family in Japan this year, probably late Sept,
early October.

Any ideas of unusual or even rare fruits to be on the lookout for?

We will be based in Yokohama/Ofuna, have railpass, and will be in
Hokkaido towards the end of the trip.

My husband is Japanese...so I have a translater :)  btw He introduced me
to akebi fruit years ago, in late summer. He is not a gardener...so I'm
wondering if there are any other suggestions?

Any recommended botanical gardens? Farm projects open to the public,
etc. Besides gardening, I'm interested in sustainable agriculture and
poultry...raise our own chickens for eggs.

Thank you,

Gwen in L.A.