[NAFEX] fruits that like wet feet

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Sat Apr 9 11:47:29 EDT 2005

Deb,
I have seen Prunus Americana growing on quite wet soil, but in Wisconsin I have seen it growing in rich but drier soil....but there are different races of P. Americana and their adaptation is believed [by me] to be very different.  Perhaps Jerry Lehman can comment about persimmon, I don't grow persimmon...but in planting P. Americana I would plant both a western and an eastern race to see which does better in your location

I don't know anything that will survive the winter on soggy soil, unless maybe cranberry.
Charlie Paradise