[NAFEX] Iowa Pawpaw and Persimmon recommendations?

jfrisk jfrisk at pionet.net
Fri Apr 8 15:17:00 EDT 2005

Mark   I live west of you in Magnolia, Iowa.  I have a 25 year old persimmon
tree. Early Golden is the variety.  It was somewhat self fertile but I
finally started getting a good crop when I planted a male persimmon for
cross pollination.  I have a pawpaw that bears a small crop every year.  It
would probably do better if I had a second variety for cross pollination.
They tend to be difficult to pollinate.   Judson L. Frisk

  _____