[NAFEX] Old Sprayer?

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Wed Apr 6 22:31:44 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 8:49 PM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This year I get to spray the farm orchard.  I am sure my father inlaw
> will teach me all he knows about the antique sprayer he uses, but does
> anyone have any experience with OLD orchard equipment?
>
> This sprayer is powered by a PTO from the tractor.  It has a wooden,
> oak spray tank, which has a wood paddle agitator.

You might want to try to clean it really well first -- and be careful
where the wash water goes. There might be all sorts of interesting
things that were used in it, including but not limited to lead
arsenate.

Of course if this particular sprayer was your father in law's he might
know what they used in it.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly