[NAFEX] Clove Currant

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Wed Apr 6 18:20:04 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 12:05 AM, Regina Kreger wrote:

> I'm interested in planting some Clove Currants. They sound wonderful!
> Fruit, flavor, fragrance, flowers, fall foliage, ffffff....

I agree with most of what others said.  Mine are probably self fertile,
have nice fruit, and a wonderful fragrance when in bloom.  (I have some
from two sources, but they fruited when they were all from one source.)
  But I wouldn't recommend them for fall foliage.  At least here in
eastern MA, they get ratty-looking in the late summer, and have dropped
their leaves by "fall foliage" season.  Mine might have some virus or
bugs or something, but they keep getting bigger and producing more
fruit, so I think they just do their thing earlier in the season, and
head off into dormancy earlier than most.  But they don't look
especially nice as they do so.