[NAFEX] Clove Currant

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Wed Apr 6 14:52:35 EDT 2005

Unfortunately, you just have to try some from a few nurseries to find
the best ones. I would plant two just to make sure about pollination;
even if some do not absolutely need it, it may boost fruit size and
yield (as it does with blueberries). I have rooted them from cuttings
but usually just dig up one of the plants growing from the spreading
roots. I once grew them in suburban Maryland, just outside D.C. They're
native from Texas to Minnesota so can tolerate a wide range of
climates. Only the blossoms are fragrant, deliciously so.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com