[NAFEX] Elderberries Question

David W Hausmann wizard2468 at juno.com
Wed Apr 6 10:16:50 EDT 2005

'Ello,
        I live in Missouri and the state Department of Conservation sells
trees and bushes once a year and I have been buying many over the last 4
years.  They sell bundles of 25 trees or bushes for $25.  This is the
first year that they have had elderberries on the list and I have a
bundle coming in May, along with about 300 other trees.  I ordered
blackberries from them last year and they are growing like crazy.  You
mention that elderberries are not self fertile.  What do I need to do to
have them produce berries?  Also, when I get them in the ground and get
some growth from the elderberries I can attach a pic or 2 if that would
help at all.
        Have a Good One!  Love, Peace and Perception

Wizard
Saint Louis, Missouri