[NAFEX] Clove Currant

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Apr 6 00:08:47 EDT 2005

I've had Crandall for many years.  A single bush will set fruit just
fine, so that's not a worry. Some forms of clove currant DO need a
second bush, but not that selection.  The flowers are what have the
aroma.  They are sweet, though for me the skin has a slight astringency
so that you don't care to eat THAT many of them fresh.  They do root
from cuttings, though not as easily as other currants.  Dividing a bush
is easier.  The bushes grow in full sun.  Hector Black could tell you
about how they do in the eastern climate.  He has them in Tennessee.
They are quite clean here in the west.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.