[NAFEX] Selecting "topics"

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Tue Apr 5 15:48:39 EDT 2005

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:44:24 -0700, cdbfarm <cdbfarm at direcway.com> wrote:

> I would, for instance, just be interested inrecieiving postings that
> concern apples andpears???   G. Bassetti

Hi,

Use your email software filter.  By setting some rules that are something
like the below you can filter out a lot;

	If email is FROM nafex at lists.ibilio.org and
	the BODY does not contain the words "apple/s"
	or "pear/s" direct email to TRASH.

However, you will miss many emails that pertain to apples and pears that
do not contain those key words.  Searching the SUBJECT line will lose even
more emails.  We are notoriously bad for not changing SUBJECT lines when
the dialog shifts.

Filters are fine if you are willing to miss a lot of email.  I just use
the filter between my ears and if the content is running in a direction
that does not interest me, I simply delete it in seconds.

Later,
Tom