[NAFEX] Checking on a member

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Apr 5 12:18:32 EDT 2005

Thank you.  Sorry for the confusion, but there have been some Nigerian
scam letters sent to the list and, believe it or not, the name they
used was Johnstone.   Such letters go to me for checking, so none
showed up anywhere else.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
On Apr 5, 2005, at 9:07 AM, J.R. Johnstone wrote:

At 10:55 AM 4/5/2005, you wrote:
> As coordinator of the Interest groups, I'm the administrator of the
> e-list versions.  Yesterday a notice came in for a new subscription to
> all the groups.  Circumstances around the subscription were a little
> odd, and there was only an address, no name, listed.

My name, postal address and telephone number are as follows:

         J.R. Johnstone
         1350 Elk Fork Road
         Gandeeville, West Virginia 252453-8616
         304.927.2231

>     I wrote to the person, but haven't gotten a reply.

I never received your email.

>   So I'm checking to see if anyone knows of a member of NAFEX, or of
> this list, with the e-mail name of
> johnstone.jr?   If no one knows of it, I'll have to consider it a spam
> attempt and remove it.
> -Lon Rombough

I was to subscribed to your groups under the email address of:

         jr_johnstone at punkass.com

I am changing my email account to Gmail.

You might remember me from the email you sent me regarding my previous
email address:

> You have been subscribed to the NAFEX lists to which you applied.
> With due respect, the name of your ISP leaves something to be desired.
> -Lon Rombough, Interest Group Coordinator

Sincerely,

J.R. Johnstone

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions.  ----