[NAFEX] squirrels & cats

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Mon Apr 4 21:52:37 EDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 1:41 PM, joanrrosenberg at aol.com wrote:

>  Not all cats climb trees, so if you want cats that will go after
> squirrels by going up the tree, you have ask around to find one for
> adoption.

Even cats that love to climb trees may not catch many squirrels, as
squirrels are even better in trees than cats are. My excellent mousers
climb after the squirrels, but the squirrels retreat to the tiniest
branches (which won't hold the cats) and scold at them. If your cat
habitually hangs out in a given tree, however, the squirrels might
prefer to spend their time in a different one.

Many dogs (including mine) also chase squirrels, but the squirrels
almost always beat the dog to the tree.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly