[NAFEX] How cats kill Rats

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Mon Apr 4 00:41:10 EDT 2005

Michelle Horner wrote:
" I think we'll
even sacrifice the baby birds to the newst consideration: feline stalkers."

I have never personally witnessed it...but the word said that only some house cats kill rats differently than house cats kill mice.

They say the cat stays a little back from the rat, and uses its paws to beat the rat senseless, like a boxer.  Only after the rat is incapable of defense will the cat close to kill.  Makes sense:
German Shepard: 400 lbs/square inch biting power, Rat:  2,000 lbs/Square inch biting power.

NATO ships visited Boston.  The mooring ropes to the pier had a curious funnel shaped device in the middle of the rope.  After thinking awhile, I realized it was a rat barrier.

Charlie Paradise