[NAFEX] tree rats and peaches

Dianne Stephany iluvdanc at rochester.rr.com
Sun Apr 3 11:53:14 EDT 2005

HI-
I have squirrels in abundance here, Rochester, NY, zone 5. (where the ground is still frozen and the predicted snow turned into rain).

Interestingly they knocked down all of my Coralstar peaches in October, a late ripening variety, and missed all of my Starfire peaches in August, midseason ripening.  Were they not looking for peaches to be ripe in August?

Are there any tree baffles?  I guess the limbs would have to be high up and the trees not close together, but they do climb up the trunk like with the birdfeeders and a baffle like thing might stop them.

Dianne