[NAFEX] bird netting

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Sun Apr 3 11:36:01 EDT 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Michelle Horner wrote:

> I just came across a netsite I saved from last year for birdnetting.
> Grolock??  .32/sq ft.   I have nothing to compare that price
> against--but it would be too much for me to spend--I figured it would
> be $90-$100 for 25x25 to cover my dwarf cherry.  That's starting to be
> expensive pie.

E&R Seed, garden supply catalogue,
28' x 28' for 24.09, 2 or more @22.89; also lots of other sizes:
E&R Seed, 1356 E 200 S, Monroe, IN 46772,  no phone. As of 05,
Summerwood Seed & Supply is now taking orders for E&R by phone
877-311-4443; fax 775-227-2811; email <benabeer at adamswells.com>; or web
www.seedgardensupply.com

Gemplers,  14' x 30' for 12.25 each, 10.95 if ordering 4 or more; also
7' x 100' for 17.75/15.95
www.gemplers.com or 800-382-8473:

Probably more sources around but these are the ones I found in a hurry.

I don't know how the quality of the nettings compares; but the price
difference might be primarily in the companies; Gemplers is aiming
primarily at the commercial market (though they do take small orders)
and so often is cheaper than companies aiming at home gardeners, and
E&R runs cheaper than most people on most things they carry.

2 1/4" of rain here and still going --