[NAFEX] Bending branches to induce early fruiting

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 17:20:16 EST 2005

Great idea.  (I also like the idea of concrete easter eggs, posted since.)  When I
was trying to create the perfect branch-spreader, I also didn't want to damage the
bark.  I wanted to use wires or old electronics wires to hold the weights, and
wanted to pad the wire passing over the branch.  While pondering this, I happened to
visit a gardening friend who was discarding a garden hose because her DOUS (Great
Dane puppy) had chewed it beyond repair.  "Ah ha" said I and the rest is history,
for one of my plantings anyway.  I've been surprised by how long the pieces of hose
have withstood constant sun-exposure, but hey it's garden hose.