[NAFEX] Pesky Tree Rats

Doreen Howard gardendiva at charter.net
Sat Apr 2 15:38:53 EST 2005

Spring is here in the Upper Midwest and neighbors who I haven't seen since
November are out in their bits of paradise spraying and pruning.  Several
have fruit and nut trees.  One has two Heart Nut trees that finally began to
bear last season.  He didn't get a nut, because the squirrels ate them all
in the green husk stage.  What do you nut growers do to protect your crops
from squirrels?  It's never been an issue for me, but given my neighbor's
experience, I may have problems this season as several fruit trees will
bear for the first time since I planted them in 2003.
Doreen Howard