[NAFEX] MM111 graft height & burr knots?

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 22:35:37 EST 2005

Last year I did some grafts on MM111 because it's well adapted to my locale,
and I wasn't too worried about descriptions like "tendancy to grow burr
knots."   Today I read something with dire warnings about the graft union
must end up 1 to 2 inches above soil line at planting.  The graft unions I
made are at about 2 FEET.  This spring I start transplanting these whips
from the nursery row to their permanent sites.  Should I instead plan on
starting over?