[NAFEX] Rooting pears

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Apr 1 13:07:32 EST 2005

Might I suggest you look into putting in five or so rootstock "mother
plants" from a good virus-free source, then use those as your own
little stooling bed?  You can get a lot of stocks, and for many years,
out of a six foot row.  The method you are using now risks passing
virus if there was any virus in the variety grafted to the stock you
are propagating.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.