[NAFEX] Rooting pears

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Fri Apr 1 12:46:06 EST 2005

Hi,

I just take the ground sucker, push it through the drainage hole of a
gallon pot, wound the sucker, dust with rooting hormone, fill the pot with
soil and leave it for a season.

While it roots in the pot, it still gets nourishment from the parent tree.

Once rooted in the pot, slip pruners under the pot and nip off the sucker
 from the ground.

Seems to work OK for me.

Tom